- How long does the course take? This travel writing course can be delivered to you over either 12 or 24 weeks. The course is designed to be self-paced, meaning their are no set deadlines for your work. Whilst it is recommended that you submit work on a regular basis and get into the habit of keeping deadlines, you have up to a year to submit your work.
- How is the course delivered? The this travel writing course is provided completely online. You will be emailed 12 modules of course work, which covers the fundamentals of becoming a travel journalist. You complete this travel writing course at home, at your own pace.
- How long are the assignments? There are a variety of assignments to submit to the College. Some are shorter than others, but each requires the development of ideas and/or research into topics. The College advises to allow a minimum of four hours per assignment.
- What type of qualification will I obtain? What type of qualification will I obtain? At the successful completion of the course, you will receive your Diploma of Freelance Travel Journalism from the British College of Journalism. This provides recognition of the skills you have gained in the field of travel journalism. Your diploma will be posted to your address provided at time of graduation.
- How do I communicate with my tutor? Contact with your tutor occurs via email. We encourage all of our students to direct questions to the College, which will then be forwarded onto your tutor. Any administration questions will be addressed by College staff.
- Is the College accredited? The College is approved with the International Accreditation & Recognition Council. IARC works with participating institutions across the world including the United Kingdom, United States, Europe, Asia and Australasia. This approval brings recognition of the College having met criteria in the areas of administration, course content, course delivery and student assessment.
- Do I have to have a background in travel or journalism? No, this online travel journalism course is specifically structured for students with no experience in the field of travel writing. In fact the College, along with most editors and publishers, welcome beginning writers.
- How do I enrol? Enroling is easy! Simply enter your details to to access our enrolment page.To enter your details for enrolment, or to find more information about the course, click here.
Find out how to set yourself up as a freelance journalist and pitch to editors
Learn everything you need to know, from your own home or on the road
Complete practical assignments and build your journalism portfolio
Flexible course format allows your to study around work and family commitments